How do we get our needs met? This is a question every one has. God wants to test us before He could provide for us. While our eyes are on the blessing, God’s eyes are on us to see if we will obey Him. Our obedience decides whether or not we will see God’s provision. We often ignore that there is a part that we need to play first before God could act on our behalf.
How to receive divine Direction?
1. Fit into God’s plans: God has a plan for each one of His children. Every hair in our head is numbered. That is what the Bible says. There is a reason for everything. He knows the end from the beginning. He has the blue print for our whole life. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” When we draw near God, He draws near us to help us. Just because we have not yet seen the end does not mean that God does not have a plan for us. The Bible says, ‘You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance’ (Ps 65:11). When we are in God’s direction, we are heading towards abundance. We may not feel like it and it may not look like it! But God is watching our life more closely than anyone else. Let not the devil talk you out of that word. God is good and He has a good plan for you.
2. Trust in the Lord with all your heart: Some people say they trust in God but in their actions, they trust the world’s system and the people more. The Bible says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5). The key to unlocking God’s direction is by acknowledging Him in all our ways. Look at the prayer of David, a man after God’s own heart. David prayed in Psalm 25: 4, “Show me your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.”
3. God orders our steps: Just like you order your food in your favorite restaurant, God orders your steps. You order as much as you can eat. In the same way, God orders our steps that we are able to take. The Bible says, the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord! (Psalm 37: 23). God’s word says, ‘He orders every step’. Many people have got it all mixed up. They think they can do whatever they want to and ask for God’s blessing. It does not work that way. The Bible says, ‘A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps’ (Pro 16:9). Notice the word ‘step’. Our God directs our steps. God not only orders but He guides us with His eye: Psalm 32: 8 says, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.” Our God is a very personal God. He wants to guide us.
4. God’s Word is our guide: The Psalmist says, in Psalm 119: 105, “God’s word is the lamp unto your feet and a light to your path.” Imagine you are in a guided tour. The tour guide is the one you want to hear carefully. If you miss hearing him, you miss out on things. It is the same way with God. Expect God to reveals things from His heart to yours though the written Word. He wants you to know His ways firsthand from His word. So while you are meditating the Word of God, listen to the Holy Spirit for revelation from the word. Write down the impressions and ideas He gives you. Let the truth He reveals settle in and begin to work in you. God guides us with His word: Psalm 119: 133 says, “Direct my steps by Your word.” Yes, God’s word guides us. The statistics says, over quarter of Americans never read the Bible and therefore they do not have any direction in their life. If we do not listen to God’s word, our life would be like a ship without a compass. There will be no direction.
5. Listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit: The thing that we need to understand is that we cannot hurry God into anything. The Bible calls it ‘waiting’. There is something called waiting upon the Lord that is so important in our spiritual walk. The Holy Spirit talks in a still small voice right in your heart. He loves to talk to us. When our heart is in the right place, we sure will hear Him speak to us. Isaiah 30:21 says, ‘Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it.” Whenever you turn to the right hand. Or whenever you turn to the left”. Jesus said in John 10:27 says, ‘My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me’. We need to fine tune our spiritual ears so that we could hear Him.
The path God shows for each one is unique. When we follow God’s direction, we will accomplish the purpose for which God created us. God’s plan is the best plan for us. His will is good, pleasing and perfect for us (Romans 12: 2) The Bible declares, ‘If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good of the land’ (Is 1:19). Honor God by doing whatever God tells you to do.
May the Lord guide you in all your ways in Jesus mighty name! Amen.