The coming of the Lord is at hand. God is preparing His Bride. There is not much time left. On one hand, Satan is trying hard to deceive people. On the other hand, the Holy Spirit is pouring out His Spirit in these last days. Matthew 25: 1- 13 talks about ten virgins. Five were wise and five were foolish. There were many similarities. First of all, both sets were virgins which meant they lived a holy life. Secondly, both knew that the bridegroom was coming which meant they had the knowledge about the Bridegroom’s arrival. Thirdly, they had lamps. But in Vs. 4, we notice that the wise ones took oil in their vessels with their lamps but the foolish ones did not. The difference was only in the “oil.” Oil was the only differentiating factor between the two. We need to receive the ‘anointing of the Holy Spirit’ in the ‘grace period’ that we are in because there will come a time when it will be too late. Those foolish virgins realized after the bridegroom showed up. They missed it all. What a disappointment!
Proverbs 20:27 says that the spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord. To illuminate your spiritual lamp, the oil of anointing needs to be poured into your life. The Holy Spirit is the only One that could pour in the oil to illuminate you. Oil was used to anoint priests, kings and prophets in the Old Testament days. ‘Anointing oil’ was made up of Myrrh, Cinnamon, Fragrant cane, Cassia and Olive oil and each ingredient had a great significance. When this anointing oil was poured upon the chosen ones, many blessings followed. You could receive these blessings right where you are. Here are seven different blessings the anointing oil could bring upon you:
1. Brings Holiness and Consecration: Anointed things and people were holy unto the Lord throughout the scripture. In Exodus 30: 25-29, God commanded Moses to sanctify the tabernacle and all the instruments and the altar by anointing them with oil. If the things that were used in God’s tabernacle needed to be ‘most holy’, how much holiness do we need when we are called ‘the temple of the Holy Spirit’? In vs. 30, Moses anoints Aaron and his sons consecrating them that they might minister unto God as priests. Consecration talks about holiness unto the Lord. A hymn writer writes this way: Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee. Take my moments and my days, let them flow with ceaseless praise. What a hymn!
2. Brings Joy and Gladness: Psalm 104: 15 says that the oil makes the face of a man shine. When the anointing oil is poured on us, even our face begins to shine with the ‘beauty of holiness’. This heavenly beauty comes to the ‘Bride of Christ’ when the ‘Spirit of Holiness’ comes upon her. Psalm 45:7 says -You love righteousness and hate wickedness. Therefore, your God has anointed you with the ‘oil of gladness’ more than your companions. The oil of gladness will make you joyful in the midst of your tough situations. Isaiah 35:10 says, “With everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness and sorrow and sighing shall flee away”. That ‘oil of joy’ takes away all your sorrows and the joy you receive is an everlasting joy.
3. Brings Healing and Harmony: There is no hurt in this world that JESUS cannot heal. He has poured out His anointing oil upon us so that the healing virtue of JESUS could flow. If the hurt is outside, we could get a treatment. Who will heal a broken heart? Only the Lord JESUS. How does he heal? By pouring the ‘balm of Gilead’. In the good Samaritan’s parable, the priest and the Levite could not bring healing to the wounded man. The titles cannot heal anyone. Oh, there was a Samaritan that traveled with oil made the difference. In Luke 10: 33, 34 we read about how he bandaged the wounds by pouring oil and wine. Both oil and wine are metaphors of the Holy Spirit. You could be that good Samaritan. The anointing that you carry will not only bring healing but brings harmony in all your relationships. Relationships get smoother when you are constantly filled with the Holy Spirit. There will be no friction. When the oil is poured on you, you will be able to walk with others peacefully. In 1 Cor 12:27 we read that we are the Body of Christ, and members individually. We are to work in harmony! Oh how we need the ‘oil of the anointing’ to eliminate friction in our relationships with our families and friends.
4. Defeats Satan and brings Victory: The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. To destroy the yoke of the destroyer, we need the anointing. In Isaiah 10:27 we read that the yoke shall be destroyed because of the ‘anointing oil’. David had so many enemies in his life. Do you? If yes, what you need is the oil of anointing that has the power to destroy every yoke the enemy has put. No weapon formed against you shall prosper. The psalmist said in Psalm 23: 5 that God prepares a table before you in the presence of your enemies. That is a celebration of victory. You are more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. To give you the victory, God wants to pour out His precious anointing upon you. Victory is yours and defeat is the devil’s!
5. God goes before you and gives you treasures: Isaiah 45:1 -3, Thus says the Lord to His anointed: I will go before you and make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places. This verse is specifically for God’s anointed. When you are anointed with oil, God does not send His angels or His servants, but He Himself goes before you. He is the breaker of every barrier. God will give you treasures and riches. The anointing will open the double doors for you. Your days of knocking is over. The double door is opening for you.
6. Brings supernatural miracles: 2 King 4: 2 – Elisha asks her to tell him what is in the house. She said that there is a jar of oil. She had the jar of oil, but lived in debt. She did not know the potential that jar of oil carried. In our life, we sometimes do not know what we are carrying. Our poverty can be turned into prosperity! Anointing of the Holy Spirit will sure, bring miracles in your life. James 5: 14, 15 – Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord and the prayer of faith will heal the sick. If he has sinned, it will be forgiven him. When the prayer of faith is coupled with the act of faith, miracles begin to happen. The anointing brings miracles!
7. Commanded Blessing: Aaron was the first high priest God called.Psalm 133: 1-3 talks about the anointing that brought a blessing. When the oil was poured in his head, his priestly ministry began. The key for the commanded blessing is the ‘anointing from God and unity from the people’. This is the lethal combination. The devil knows it well and that is why he keeps the ‘Body of Christ’ so separated. When God’s people dwell in unity, God will for sure pour out His precious anointing. Not only that, He will command blessing and life for you.
Dearly beloved, the need of the hour for the ‘Bride of Christ’ is the ‘oil of the anointing’. God’s word says in Isaiah 42: 3 – A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoking flax He will not quench. Are you a smoking flax? God will pour His precious anointing oil in your lamp. Go ahead and ask JESUS for it. David said in Psalm 92:10 that he has been anointed with fresh oil. Those wise virgins had ‘oil in their vessels’. How is your vessel? Is it full of oil? May the Lord help us have our vessels full of oil in Jesus’ mighty name! Amen.[tell-a-friend id="1" title="Tell a friend"]